Another example of how Facebook Post Boosting can grow your business. Check out this article below…
Content curation is a hot topic, with a portion of nay-sayers touting it as something harmful to the industry.
If content is the king, then content curation is his sceptre. It’s a low-cost, turnkey solution for today’s digital marketers who are looking to boost their brand image, build authority and rapport, and create a killer content marketing campaign.
Content curation is a hot topic, with a portion of nay-sayers touting it as something harmful to the industry.
For any content marketer, knowing the ‘Golden Ratio’ of content marketing, will not only make life easier, it will impress your boss 😁. Make a note of this strategy on what to share:
- 60% curated content that has been created by others
- 30% of your own content that is informative
- 10% salesy info that generates leads and conversions
Let’s take a look at these common misconceptions about content curation.
#1. That Content Curation takes the place of engagement and interaction
Some marketers think content curation is a replacement for these two important aspects of digital marketing. While it takes effort and time to find, collect, and gather interesting and quality content, it doesn’t have to end there. You need to go above and beyond to ensure that audience is engaged. In fact, curated content should act as conversation starters on social media.
#2. That it’s a One-Size-Fits-All solution
Content curation sure presents a ton of benefits over traditional marketing. It’s cost-effective, efficient, and get the results in a short period. Of course, every curation technique is unique, but it doesn’t offer the same results to different organizations. The trick is to use a method that works best for your brand, not what works for another company.
#3. That it won’t have much impact on your brand
When you selectively share only the most valuable and relevant insights with your audience, you can improve your brand visibility. All you have to do is make sure that the content and insights align with your brand and objectives.
#4. That Content Curation takes too much time
Yes, it calls for a bit of work. But, content curation is far easier, more effective, and less daunting than creating content from scratch, every day. With the right tools (insert: shameless plug for Zenia.ai), you can do it in a breeze.
#5. That Curation is just lazy
There is a huge difference between just posting third-party content and curating content. It takes research, hard work, and the right tools to deliver great curated content to your audiences. There’s nothing lazy about the whole process.
#6. That Content Curation is fully automated
Sometimes content sharing is automated. By using technologies like ours, you can do it much faster and more effectively. However, there’s no genuinely impactful curated content that doesn’t involve the human touch.
#7. That it kills SEO
This is a massive misconception about content curation. It’s far-fetched because the curated content isn’t plagiarised or duplicated content. By adding commentary and offering a new context, curated content can be recognised by search engines like Google as fresh new content. In fact, curation is a great SEO tool.
Curation Content is a Content Marketing tactic that SEOs should learn and use. This guide will tell them all they need to know about Content Curation: what it is, how to do it, and why to do it for the highest benefit of their campaigns.
This is too good not to share…
– Tips on Content Marketing for IT Consultancies
Everyone should know by now that it is important to have good quality, interesting, and stimulating content on your website. How else do you expect people to stick around – even if they find you in the first place?
Content marketing can be vital for the success of organizations.
Unfortunately, a lot of consultancies seem to miss, even the basic elements of website content including professional photographs of the team, as well as professionally proofed/checked text, that explains and sells their services in a clear way, without spelling mistakes.
If you are responsible for marketing your consultancy – some other things to think about:
- Content should always be customer centered. You need to define the content after analyzing the targeted audience.
- Content should be used to share the information that fulfils the predefined business marketing goals.
- Creative content must be used to serve the business and the customer’s needs.
Marketing goals of content marketing – know your audience.
The marketing goals of content marketing often depend upon geographic region, targeted audience, and type of services you offer.
It is not always about the marketing quality, it’s also about the information accessibility.
Content marketing allows people to get access to information continuously, but ask yourself this – how do your site visitors consume information. Is your content optimised for mobile search or desktop? Do you know?
Content marketing strategies
If you are the owner of a small consultancy, then your content marketing can answer the questions of the customers. A big, complex, company might have more content creation opportunities such as a focus on the complex sales cycle, publicity, multiple locations of services, different languages and numerous goals.
Your content marketing strategy must focus on creating content that is about… The customer’s organization and their basic needs. For IT consultancies, focus on advanced technology and services. Technologies which can help customers to use information technology in the best way possible.
Benefits of content marketing
There are three major benefits of using content marketing for your organization.
- Increase sales: Creative content writing can help you to increase the sales of the organization’s services. Moreover, more and more promotion of the content can lead to a higher brand value – and reputation growth. With the high brand value more customers will approach the organization. These things naturally encourage customers to connect with the organization.
- Better SEO: Using the right keywords can be very important when having a high range services. Search engines like google have upgraded algorithms which can access the content efficiently. When you have quality content, then you are basically giving a chance for google to put your content at the top of the results page. By improving your SEO through content marketing, you can benefit your organization’s inbound lead generation.
- Increase website traffic: With continuous content marketing you can increase the traffic on your website. The more relevant and valuable the content is, more people will visit your website. With high repeat visitors on your website, overall traffic will grow with the time.
- Enhanced brand image: Simply through the quality of the good content, organizations can gain the trust of customers. In this modern world, brand value has a significant role. With great content marketing, you can control the business value and brand reputation.
- Increase brand loyalty: Brand loyalty is something that is very important for any organization. Content marketing can help to increase this by converting the first time reader into a customer. You know that there are so many competitors available in market, but many are not putting in the same effort as you. It is important to put yourself in front of them. This can only be done through impressive and quality content marketing.
- Strong social media following: When people start sharing your content on social media, it can solve many of your problems. This only happens when the reader likes your content and finds it important. So it is important to share the quality content on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, so the reader can share your information further, on other platforms. Social proof will help you stand out. Do you even have an active business page on LinkedIn and Facebook?
- Customer relationship: A strong customer relationship is important for the growth of your business. When people purchase a service from you, via another customer’s recommendation, this represents that your customers are fully satisfied with your services. Content marketing is a great method to represent the customer’s satisfaction, using testimonials and the FAQ pages can help potential customers to find out the problem that you can solve for them, and how you have done it for others.
- More brand credibility: Reviews of the product and services can impact the decision of the customers. Customers always like to check all perspectives before making a deal. People want to know how you helped other customers who have already used your product and services.
All of this information will definitely help you to understand the power of content.
If you are operating an information technology business, content marketing is something you can not ignore. If applied properly your business can reach greater heights.
Before making the strategies for the content marketing, make sure that you research your customers’ needs and necessities. This can help you to build the strong content marketing strategies that will bring new sales.
Zenia Technology offers a great content solution for websites – an industry news portal tailored to your needs. Check out an example here, with our own Marketing Industry News site. Imagine all of the latest IT news appearing on your website, to attract and entertain new visitors. Contact us for more info.
Written by a Guest Blogger.
2017 was certainly a busy year for content curators.
The role of content curation itself began shifting around 2015, taking center-stage in the content marketing scene as the demand for more content grew, and the pressure on marketers to be seen to be creating and engaging, also grew.
By 2017, content curation had become a key strategic pillar of brand’s social selling, digital marketing, and cross-marketing.
As we look ahead to the next 12 months, disruptive technologies like AI, the blockchain, Big Data, and the shared economy aren’t going to be the only headline-makers — content curation will become a huge deal, too. How so?
Here are trends that’ll feature prominently in the world of content curation in 2018.
Expect Wide Use of Content Curation Automation
We already have a slew of robust news aggregators and content discovery tools available to content curators. So, expect curators to leverage these automation tools to make the whole process effortlessly easy.
More specifically, automated systems will find greater use in areas where they can outperform the manual “human touch.” However, the need for automation will shift away from speed towards the impact. That is, automated systems will be utilized to find, gather, and share more relevant and highly focused content.
The implications of content curation automation are far-reaching. With tailored curated content, brands can expect to get more reach, engagement, and social media followers, even with the changes to algorithms on some social media.
Brands will Embrace Marketing Tools that Place Higher Value in their Niches
Whilst the volume of original content is naturally increasing, brands will still leverage marketing technologies that are tailored for their niches.
Talking of content creation automated systems, brands will certainly shy away from tools that offer duplicate solutions and go for marketing technologies that allow for no-hassle completion of customer workflow, more collaboration, and offer tailored solutions.
As such, they are looking for something that’ll enable them to highlight the key differentiators of their unique solutions – in our case, the ability for webshops to upload their products and then promote them via paid or organic means, across social networks, to increase traffic to their online stores.
Together, the above predictions will certainly get rid of all the barriers to discovery, collection, and sharing of curated content. In the end, brands can allocate more resources towards making sure that curated content conveys a valuable perspective to their audience.
(Posted by Zen, our guest blogger)